· Pivotal role in all financial planning & analysis, corporate budgeting, regular forecast updates, board presentations and M&A modelling. Build strong FP&A and corporate finance capability and provide "strategic leverage" to the CEO, leadership team and Board of Directors.
· Participate in building product pricing models and perform ad-hoc analysis to support the company's commercial and M&A activities.
· Oversee all financial matters, including the timely and accurate preparation of financial statements and implementation of accounting controls, general ledgers, and treasury functions.
· Engender trust and credibility across the company so that the CFO organization is viewed as a strong business partner while maintaining financial discipline and promoting a culture of accountability.
· Objectively review current processes and systems to identify opportunities to streamline and focus current efforts to better meet stakeholders' needs.
· In concert with the CEO and Board manage growth in the context of long-term investment spend, near-term margin goals and the company's quarterly cash flow requirements to meet the company's aggressive growth plans.
· Implement value add budgeting and forecasting processes; foster a disciplined yet balanced approach to managing financial goals/targets and investments in the business.
· Implement scalable systems which support efficient quarterly and year end close cycles.
· Exemplify high-quality decision making, good judgment and unquestionably integrity.
· Responsible for the direct supervision, training and mentorship of finance and accounting team. Oversee all back office administrative functions including HR and IT
· CPA a must.
· At least 10-15 years of progressive leadership roles across the key disciplines of the CFO function; ideally culminating as CFO. CFO ready #2's at materially larger companies will also be considered but start-up DNA / working with PE backed also crucial.
· Industry knowledge and experience in automotive software or SaaS technology enabled business models preferred. It is vital that this person understands a subscription-based business (within adtech/martech.
· Demonstrated and deep M&A / add-on integration & FP&A experience is a must.
· Proven experience supporting enterprises with global operations.
· Significant experience negotiating pricing and other key business terms on software licensing contracts
· Several successful completions of audits.
· Several successful NetSuite, SFDC; implementation and integrations.
· Astute at developing value added financial close systems, budgeting tools and operating dashboards which help management to identify, execute and measure key value drivers.
· Identified expertise using metrics / analytics to identify business drivers and make resource allocation decisions.
· Proven experience in data management – able to understand and manage a single version of financial data.
· Confirmed ability to work cross-functionally with leadership team and manage sophisticated Board of Directors/Financial Sponsors.
· Effective leader, capable manager and a track record of building and retaining strong teams through dynamic (high growth, transformational) environments.
· Ability to own the budget model.
· Willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the accounting details. Comfortable working with a small team.
· Operationally minded – eager to engage and drive change in the business.
Skills & Personal Characteristics
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with high emotional intelligence; willingness and ability to influence and challenge decisions, both within G&A and across the overall business.
· Hands-on style and willingness to roll up sleeves and get into technical accounting issues.
· Ability to manage competing priorities and competent in planning systematically.
· Ability to create a healthy organizational culture while driving towards results.
- The right candidate will be someone who has the self-confidence and experience to implement structure and processes that will enable growth, accommodating the dynamic and fast paced nature of the business.
· Natural problem solver.