HL7 Data Integration Engineer (Remote)
InductiveHealth Informatics, Inc.
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2023
Mission + People + Culture: With a corporate Mission to stop disease through technology, InductiveHealth is the market leader in software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions to public health agencies. Our People come from all backgrounds and walks of life ranging from world class experts in epidemiology, informatics, and disease surveillance to engineers and product teams building high performance, modern solutions. Mission + People are unified around a virtual first Culture centered around teamwork, relentless focus on client outcomes, and individual accountability.
Why work at InductiveHealth?
1. Motivation: We value initiative-takers and self-starters who want to contribute to the success of our Team and client outcomes.
2. Curiosity: Seeking to understand and comprehend is critical - we expect and encourage questions to master job duties and grow professionally.
3. Organization: We are a Team. This means we hold each other accountable and have high expectations for performance and outcomes.
4. Feedback: "Open and honest" is part of our corporate values that builds a culture of professional growth to support client success.
5. Impact: Your individual contributions will stop the spread of disease and improve individual, community, and population health outcomes.
As an HL7 Data Integration Engineer, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of healthcare data integration. Your responsibilities will span a spectrum of vital tasks, including analyzing client IT environments and messaging capabilities for various projects simultaneously. Leveraging your expertise, you will identify and implement technical solutions that not only meet but exceed data exchange requirements, contributing to the seamless flow of critical health information.
Your ability to collaborate effectively within project teams and efficiently manage tasks using cutting-edge collaboration tools will be instrumental in driving our collective mission forward. If you're passionate about advancing healthcare through data integration, possess a wealth of technical expertise, and are eager to contribute to a purpose-driven team, we invite you to consider this exciting opportunity with us as we continue to shape the future of healthcare technology.
What you'll be doing:
- Simultaneously work on multiple projects with multiple clients to analyze client IT environments and messaging capabilities
- Help to identify and implement technical solutions to meet data exchange requirements
- Provide technical assistance consulting to public health laboratories and healthcare organizations; advising on implementation of IT messaging solutions
- Collaborate with project team members and manage assigned tasks using collaboration tools
- On call on rotation with the rest of the team will be required
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant job experience as an HL7 Data Integration Engineer
- A bachelor’s degree with a focus on IT information systems, engineering or similar discipline
- Certification or strong background with Rhapsody and/or Mirth is required - other integration engine experience a plus
- Experience with analyzing client IT environments and messaging capabilities, and finding appropriate solutions to implement data interfaces using Rhapsody or Mirth
- Experience with data transport protocols such as SFTP, PHINMS, and S3
- Familiarity with HL7 standards, v2.x required (at least order, result and ADT messages)
- Excellent client relations, presentation, organizational, writing, and communication skills
- Self-directed, highly organized, and self-motivated
- Team-player with commitment to the provision of quality customer service
- Ability to communicate with a broad array of individuals from varying technical aptitudes, professional backgrounds and affiliations
- Ability to record and deliver information, to explain procedures, and to contribute to the broad range goals of delivering overarching technical assistance initiatives while capitalizing on historical efficiencies and reusability when possible.
What will make you stand out:
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline a plus
- Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) expertise, such as setting up FHIR servers and an understanding of Clinical Query Language (CQL) a plus
- CDA experience a plus
- Experience gained by working with Federal agencies, public health agencies or laboratories, or especially work with any public health surveillance systems is a plus
- Familiarity with JIRA, Smartsheet and/or Confluence is a plus
Benefits and Perks: InductiveHealth offers competitive benefits and perks including:
· Virtual first, remote organization and culture
· Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
· 401(k) retirement plan with corporate matching
· Medical, prescription, vision, and dental coverage (multiple plans based on your needs)
· Short Term and Long Term Disability (for employee)
· Life Insurance (for employee)
· New Team Member support for home office setup
Target Salary Bands: Each team member’s compensation decisions are based on several inputs, and we expect many of the candidates who are offered positions to fall within the advertised salary band. We recognize that the team member hired may be less (or more) experienced than the posted job description therefore impacting compensation decisions.
About InductiveHealth: InductiveHealth (www.inductivehealth.com) was co-founded by Matthew Dollacker and Stephen Macauley in 2013. Today, InductiveHealth is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia and has over 80 team members across the United States supporting state, tribal, local, and territorial (STLT) public health agencies in addition to Federal agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In early 2021, InductiveHealth became the exclusive commercial partner of John Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (JHU/APL) for the Electronic Surveillance System for the Early Notification of Community-based Epidemics (ESSENCE) syndromic surveillance solution. To accelerate growth in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, InductiveHealth become a portfolio company of Diversis Capital (https://www.diversis.com/) in early 2022.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, or disability.