Project Manager - Public Health (Virtual/Remote)
InductiveHealth Informatics, Inc.
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2023
Mission + People + Culture: With a corporate Mission to stop disease through technology, InductiveHealth is the market leader in software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions to public health agencies. Our People come from all backgrounds and walks of life ranging from world class experts in epidemiology, informatics, and disease surveillance to engineers and product teams building high performance, modern solutions. Mission + People are unified around a virtual first Culture centered around teamwork, relentless focus on client outcomes, and individual accountability.
Why work at InductiveHealth?
1. Motivation: We value initiative-takers and self-starters who want to contribute to the success of our Team and client outcomes.
2. Curiosity: Seeking to understand and comprehend is critical - we expect and encourage questions to master job duties and grow professionally.
3. Organization: We are a Team. This means we hold each other accountable and have high expectations for performance and outcomes.
4. Feedback: "Open and honest" is part of our corporate values that builds a culture of professional growth to support client success.
5. Impact: Your individual contributions will stop the spread of disease and improve individual, community, and population health outcomes.
InductiveHealth has an opening for a well-organized, self-directed, and experienced Project Manager (Public Health) to join a collaborative team. You will manage large-scale project and technical assistance engagements including scheduling and project planning, stakeholder management, risk identification and mitigation, issue tracking and solutioning, communication, and associated documentation per client standards.
What you'll be doing in this role:
- Prepare and track all formal project correspondence to and from the client and distribute relevant information to management and the project team as applicable
- Develop and maintain accurate and updated project plans using Smartsheet or Microsoft Project
- Add and maintain current contact information in Salesforce
- Understand the contract and all deliverables to ensure requirements and scope are widely known and met
- Proactively communicate and work with clients and internal stakeholders to communicate and address out-of-scope work requests
- Work with Client Success Manager to request funding approval for out-of-scope work requests
- Proactively identify potential risk areas in entire implementation plan and guide client in risk management and mitigation
- Review client complaints and concerns and seek to improve the client experience
- Create a monthly project status report
- Work with Client Success Manager to provide metrics for monthly client status report
- Work closely with the internal teams to ensure tickets are being prioritized appropriately, updated as needed, and discussed ongoing to avoid long term issues
- Create Jira tickets for project deliverables; ensure timely updates to tickets as appropriate
- Follow established change control procedures to manage overall project scope
- Direct, lead and mentor members of the project team; Act as an escalation point and coach for team members
- Provide project status to management, the project team, and the client in a variety of formats including creating dashboards as needed
- Manage utilization, allocation, and burn for each project
- Facilitate regular project team meetings including meetings with internal team members and client representatives
- Be prepared to lead additional meetings including creating an agenda and documenting/publishing meeting notes and action items
- Follow up on all action items and outstanding tickets in a timely manner
- Develop standardized processes for small projects, which may not require full project management resources, to ensure successful outcomes for smaller clients and internal projects
- Assist in RFP responses
- Attend internal and external subject matter meetings as needed
What are we looking for?
- At least three years of project management experience, preferably in public health or health informatics
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Experience gained by working with Federal agencies, public health agencies, laboratories, or member-based organizations
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite including MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Visio, and MS Project.
- Capable of working under tight deadlines and handling multiple projects
- Excellent client relations, presentation, organizational, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to communicate with a broad array of individuals with varying technical aptitudes, professional backgrounds, and affiliations
- Ability to record and deliver information, to explain procedures, and to contribute to the broad range goals of delivering overarching technical assistance initiatives while capitalizing on historical efficiencies and reusability when possible
What will make you stand out?
- Familiarity with Jira, Smartsheet and/or Confluence
- Degree in informatics, health information technology, public health, or laboratory field
- Experience working in a SaaS organization delivering technical solutions to government agencies
- MPH and/or PMP
Benefits and Perks: InductiveHealth offers competitive benefits and perks including:
· Virtual first, remote organization and culture
· Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
· 401(k) retirement plan with corporate matching
· Medical, prescription, vision, and dental coverage (multiple plans based on your needs)
· Short Term and Long Term Disability (for employee)
· Life Insurance (for employee)
· New Team Member support for home office setup
Target Salary Bands: Each team member’s compensation decisions are based on several inputs, and we expect many of the candidates who are offered positions to fall within the advertised salary band. We recognize that the team member hired may be less (or more) experienced than the posted job description therefore impacting compensation decisions.
About InductiveHealth: InductiveHealth (www.inductivehealth.com) was co-founded by Matthew Dollacker and Stephen Macauley in 2013. Today, InductiveHealth is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia and has over 80 team members across the United States supporting state, tribal, local, and territorial (STLT) public health agencies in addition to Federal agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In early 2021, InductiveHealth became the exclusive commercial partner of John Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (JHU/APL) for the Electronic Surveillance System for the Early Notification of Community-based Epidemics (ESSENCE) syndromic surveillance solution. To accelerate growth in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, InductiveHealth become a portfolio company of Diversis Capital (https://www.diversis.com/) in early 2022.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, or disability.