Data Developer I (Virtual/Remote)
InductiveHealth Informatics, Inc.
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Mission + People + Culture: With a corporate Mission to stop disease through technology, InductiveHealth is the market leader in software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions to public health agencies. Our People come from all backgrounds and walks of life ranging from world class experts in epidemiology, informatics, and disease surveillance to engineers and product teams building high performance, modern solutions. Mission + People are unified around a virtual first Culture centered around teamwork, relentless focus on client outcomes, and individual accountability.
Why work at InductiveHealth?
1. Motivation: We value initiative-takers and self-starters who want to contribute to the success of our Team and client outcomes.
2. Curiosity: Seeking to understand and comprehend is critical - we expect and encourage questions to master job duties and grow professionally.
3. Organization: We are a Team. This means we hold each other accountable and have high expectations for performance and outcomes.
4. Feedback: "Open and honest" is part of our corporate values that builds a culture of professional growth to support client success.
5. Impact: Your individual contributions will stop the spread of disease and improve individual, community, and population health outcomes.
We're seeking a backend software engineer knowledgeable about all aspects of the software development lifecycle. This will be a junior developer whose role will be focused on the implementation of disease surveillance solutions. You'll participate in the development of leading-edge technology and work with a mission-driven team to shape the future of stopping disease through technology.
What you'll be doing:
- Contributing to software architecture, actively developing, being mentored by more senior level developers, and aiding in the creation of applications
- Participate in complete software development lifecycle from conception to deployment
- Execute on product roadmaps in a team context
- Provide accurate and timely work estimates
- Influential on the design of next-generation, science-focused applications
What are we looking for?
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Java 8+, JDBC, Git, Linux
- SQL experience including writing queries and manipulation of data (CRUD)
- Experience writing and maintaining clear documentation and examples
- Comfort with big, open-ended projects with many workable solutions
- Collaborative mentality and ability to work with a variety of personalities and styles
What would make you stand out?
- JPA/Hibernate, SQL Stored Procedures, REST, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL, Design Patterns, SOLID Principles, Spring Security, Test-Driven Development (JUnit), Maven/Gradle
- Experience in Agile Scrum software development methodology
- Reasonable technical understanding and experience in building robust, performant, standards-based applications and processes, preferably within a distributed context
- Experience (academic or professional) with cloud-based infrastructure and operations
- Preference for candidates in EST or CST time zones
- At this time, we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position
Benefits and Perks: InductiveHealth offers competitive benefits and perks including:
· Virtual first, remote organization and culture
· Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
· 401(k) retirement plan with corporate matching
· Medical, prescription, vision, and dental coverage (multiple plans based on your needs)
· Short Term and Long Term Disability (for employee)
· Life Insurance (for employee)
· New Team Member support for home office setup
Target Salary Bands: Each team member’s compensation decisions are based on several inputs, and we expect many of the candidates who are offered positions to fall within the advertised salary band. We recognize that the team member hired may be less (or more) experienced than the posted job description therefore impacting compensation decisions.
About InductiveHealth: InductiveHealth (www.inductivehealth.com) was co-founded by Matthew Dollacker and Stephen Macauley in 2013. Today, InductiveHealth is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia and has over 80 team members across the United States supporting state, tribal, local, and territorial (STLT) public health agencies in addition to Federal agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In early 2021, InductiveHealth became the exclusive commercial partner of John Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (JHU/APL) for the Electronic Surveillance System for the Early Notification of Community-based Epidemics (ESSENCE) syndromic surveillance solution. To accelerate growth in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, InductiveHealth become a portfolio company of Diversis Capital (https://www.diversis.com/) in early 2022.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, or disability.