Software Engineer/Data Developer (Virtual/Remote)
InductiveHealth Informatics, Inc.
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
Mission + People + Culture: With a corporate Mission to stop disease through technology, InductiveHealth is the market leader in software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions to public health agencies. Our People come from all backgrounds and walks of life ranging from world class experts in epidemiology, informatics, and disease surveillance to engineers and product teams building high performance, modern solutions. Mission + People are unified around a virtual first Culture centered around teamwork, relentless focus on client outcomes, and individual accountability.
Why work at InductiveHealth?
1. Motivation: We value initiative-takers and self-starters who want to contribute to the success of our Team and client outcomes.
2. Curiosity: Seeking to understand and comprehend is critical - we expect and encourage questions to master job duties and grow professionally.
3. Organization: We are a Team. This means we hold each other accountable and have high expectations for performance and outcomes.
4. Feedback: "Open and honest" is part of our corporate values that builds a culture of professional growth to support client success.
5. Impact: Your individual contributions will stop the spread of disease and improve individual, community, and population health outcomes.
The Software Engineer/Data Developer is focused on data migrations as well as the technical implementation, configuration, and support of disease surveillance solutions. This person will focus on the technical needs of our clients and strategize creative and configurable ways to deliver stable and quality technical solutions.
To be successful as a Software Engineer/Data Developer, you should be able to implement strategies to drive forward client implementations. A top-notch Software Engineer/Data Developer should understand how all parts of the business model work together in order to design a solution that best fits the environment. You'll participate in the development of leading-edge technology and work with a mission-driven team to shape the future of public health technology.
What you'll be doing:
- Understand clients' system needs, mapping that to application solution, and execute an implementation plan to meet these needs
- Work to align client business needs with InductiveHealth offerings in resulting contract technical implementation plans
- Create and update application solution specifications
- Develop and design integration points to additional software solutions including custom InductiveHealth applications and electronic messaging integrations
- Design and implement system data conversations using a variety of methods and tools based on Java, SQL, and Hibernate ORM data access layer abstractions
- Develop application solution technical documentation
- Evaluate technical solutions and implementation deliverables for scope adherence and potential scope creep – communicate with project leadership on details and next steps
- Provide client lead feedback in a timely manner to the production department to ensure that product development or modification meets the clients’ needs
- Ensure that non-functional requirements such as security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability are being considered when designing solutions
- Ensure compliance and industry regulatory requirements in conjunction with InductiveHealth technical offerings
What are we looking for?
- A bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science, IT, software engineering, or similar
- A minimum of 6 years' experience with large scale software implementation projects and processes
- Expert level experience and mastery in MVC frameworks, Java 8/11 and SQL required
- Expert level experience with system-to-system data conversions
- Proficiency and mastery in Hibernate
- Exposure and expertise in SaaS implementation and delivery methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of computer systems, operating systems, system security, database and web platforms
- Provide accurate and timely work estimates
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain technical information in layman's terms
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task
What would make you stand out?
- Experience with JDBC connections, Junit, and RESTful APIs
- Preference for candidates in EST or CST time zones
- At this time, we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position
Benefits and Perks: InductiveHealth offers competitive benefits and perks including:
· Virtual first, remote organization and culture
· Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
· 401(k) retirement plan with corporate matching
· Medical, prescription, vision, and dental coverage (multiple plans based on your needs)
· Short Term and Long Term Disability (for employee)
· Life Insurance (for employee)
· New Team Member support for home office setup
Target Salary Bands: Each team member’s compensation decisions are based on several inputs, and we expect many of the candidates who are offered positions to fall within the advertised salary band. We recognize that the team member hired may be less (or more) experienced than the posted job description therefore impacting compensation decisions.
About InductiveHealth: InductiveHealth (www.inductivehealth.com) was co-founded by Matthew Dollacker and Stephen Macauley in 2013. Today, InductiveHealth is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia and has over 80 team members across the United States supporting state, tribal, local, and territorial (STLT) public health agencies in addition to Federal agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In early 2021, InductiveHealth became the exclusive commercial partner of John Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (JHU/APL) for the Electronic Surveillance System for the Early Notification of Community-based Epidemics (ESSENCE) syndromic surveillance solution. To accelerate growth in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, InductiveHealth become a portfolio company of Diversis Capital (https://www.diversis.com/) in early 2022.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, or disability.