Chief Financial Officer
InductiveHealth Informatics, Inc.
InductiveHealth is a high-growth, innovative firm that delivers public health technology that just works. We offer secure, scalable, cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions that are best-in-class. Our solutions are advancing electronic disease surveillance, contact tracing, laboratory testing, and reporting.
Our Engage, Connect, Validate, Operate™ methodology and technical services are unparalleled and grounded in decades of experience advancing public health data integration. We are pushing the boundaries of technology for data engineering, data science, research, and analytics in public health.
We are epidemiologists, engineers, public health experts, and client service professionals bringing innovation to public health. We have optimized Software-as-a-Service capabilities (SaaS) for Electronic Disease Surveillance Systems (EDSS) and Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS). Our people have profound expertise in health data integration, secure cloud hosting, and public health action.
We work with multiple public health agencies at State, Regional, Federal, and Global levels providing solutions that have influence in people's lives across whole populations.
As an example of this innovation focus in Public Health, InductiveHealth is making significant investments in the most critical systems and data flows informing the government response to COVID-19.
- By collecting and analyzing data on over 80% of all emergency department visits in the United States
- By integrating data on millions of COVID-19 lab tests, informing accurate case counts and nationwide county-level positivity statistics
- Through our work providing the electronic disease surveillance systems (EDSS) for more than a dozen US States and Territories, informing policy leaders and public health officials with accurate, timely data, and workflows to manage contact tracing and public health investigations
- In 2021, InductiveHealth team members received an Award from the CDC for Excellence in Partnering: COVID-19 Laboratory and Emergency Department Data Teams (CDC-DHIS)
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, InductiveHealth has driven significant new capabilities for our clients, helping to inform policy and equip public health leaders with the tools they need to respond to the unprecedented challenges they face with in managing this pandemic.
· Support the company's ambitions to grow to $30M in revenue and beyond.
· Pivotal role in all financial planning & analysis, corporate budgeting, regular forecast updates, board presentations and M&A modelling. Build strong FP&A and corporate finance capability and provide "strategic leverage" to the CEO, leadership team and Board of Directors.
· Participate in building product pricing models and perform ad-hoc analysis to support the company's commercial and M&A / add-on activities.
· Oversee all financial matters, including the timely and accurate preparation of financial statements and implementation of accounting controls, general ledgers, and treasury functions.
· Improve and refine a library of key accounting policies, finance processes, accounting methodology, revenue and accrual recognition policies consistent with industry and accounting practices.
· Drive accounting operations, including billing GL, AR, AP, and collections.
· Tax management – sales tax compliance, tax schedules, coordination of returns, and information.
· Engender trust and credibility across the company so that the CFO organization is viewed as a strong business partner while maintaining financial discipline and promoting a culture of accountability.
· Objectively review current processes and systems to identify opportunities to streamline and focus current efforts to better meet stakeholders' needs.
· In concert with the CEO and Board manage growth in the context of long-term investment spend, near-term margin goals and the company's quarterly cash flow requirements to meet the company's aggressive growth plans.
· Implement value add budgeting and forecasting processes; foster a disciplined yet balanced approach to managing financial goals/targets and investments in the business.
· Implement scalable systems which support efficientmonthly, quarterly and year end close cycles.
· Responsible for the direct supervision, training and mentorship of finance team.
· At least 10 years of progressive leadership roles across the key disciplines of the finance function; ideally culminating as ready #2's at materially larger companies will also be considered but start-up DNA / working with PE backed also crucial.
· Prior experience with State Government contracts.
· Industry knowledge and experience in software or SaaS technology enabled business models preferred. It is vital that this person understands a subscription-based business.
· Demonstrated and deep M&A / add-on integration & FP&A experience is a must.
· Strong operational proficiency. Recognized expertise advising or operating in businesses that have experienced significant operational changes and cost controls to maximize value. Demonstrated wins building and managing organizations characterized by operational excellence, budget efficacy and seamless delivery against all operating KPIs improving top & bottom-line growth.
· Several successful completions of audits. Solid experience overseeing tax management and compliance; tax schedules, coordination of returns and information with outside firms.
· Astute at developing value added financial close systems, budgeting tools and operating dashboards which help management to identify, execute and measure key value drivers.
· Identified expertise using metrics / analytics to identify business drivers and make resource allocation decisions.
· Proven experience in data management – able to understand and manage a single version of financial data.
· Confirmed ability to work cross-functionally with leadership team and manage sophisticated Board of Directors/Financial Sponsors.
· Effective leader, capable manager and a track record of building and retaining strong teams through dynamic (high growth, transformational) environments.
· Established experience within globally dispersed environment across continents is a must.
· CPA ideal but not required.
Skills & Personal Characteristics
· Exemplify high-quality decision making, transparent, good judgment and unquestionably integrity.
· Displays sense of urgency, highly driven & loves to win.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with high emotional intelligence; willingness and ability to influence and challenge decisions, both within G&A and across the overall business.
· Hands-on style and willingness to roll up sleeves and get into technical FP&A issues.
· Ability to manage competing priorities and competent in planning systematically.
· Ability to create a healthy organizational culture while driving towards results.
- The right candidate will be someone who has the self-confidence and experience to implement structure and processes that will enable growth, accommodating the dynamic and fast paced nature of the business.
· Natural problem solver.
The role is optimally based in Atlanta. However, for the right candidate, can be flexible on location within US.