Sr. DevOps Engineer
Fishbowl is an industry leading, top supplier of manufacturing and warehouse management software for small, medium, and enterprise sized businesses across 40+ verticals. While our mission is to deliver amazing software, service, training, and support to our customers to help them grow and scale their business operations, our passion is helping people. Whether you are new to owning and operating a business, or you have been at it for 20+ years, Fishbowl provides simplicity and flow for business owners and makes it easier for them to focus on what they love most, running their business.
To support the mission of Fishbowl, we have recently partnered with Diversis Capital to invest in Fishbowl’s growth and market scale. We are well on our way to developing exciting new cloud-based products that will continue to surprise and delight our existing and future customers. We also have exciting plans to expand our efforts internationally and are focused on building a globally oriented team that will allow us to scale our operations and future market growth potential.
As we work to expand our internal team, Fishbowl is looking for individuals who are highly collaborative, carry diverse skill sets, love problem solving, and understand the value of working on a high-performing, goal-oriented team. We are proud to offer competitive compensation packages and benefits that include PTO, Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K matching and more! Our HQ offices are based in Orem, UT, but this role, and most of our roles, have a hybrid or fully remote choice. As a team, we focus on results; not on where those results are achieved. May it be at the office, on a beach, or in the comfort of your own home.
DevOps at Fishbowl exists to enable product development teams to move fast while maintaining high standards for security, quality, cost management, and efficiency. In this role, you apply your specialized experience with cloud infrastructure, CI/CD frameworks, and product development practices and enable developers to own more of these processes themselves. DevOps removes dependencies on separate gating functions, resulting in improved efficiency and enhanced responsibility. The Senior DevOps Engineer uses a deep knowledge of cloud and CI/CD infrastructure to build tools, processes and automations that allow our dev teams to efficiently develop, build, test and deliver our microservice, web and mobile apps into production. You will be working with multiple QA and dev teams to automate our processes and establish standards and best practices. You will be part of the product development organization to maximize collaboration and developer enablement.
- Collaborate with development and operations teams understand and architect the right architecture for the needs as well as right sizing and cost management
- Work with dev and QA to ensure performant systems
- Define and implement security gating for CI/CD pipelines to ensure secure systems
- Coach and mentor dev teams on best practices for CI/CD and Cloud deployments
- Assist in incident response
- Stay abreast of the latest in cloud and platform engineering best practices
- Overall responsibility for the architecture, design, development, security, performance, and support of the tools that drive the software deployment lifecycle
- Manage, maintain, build, and integrate systems in the cloud
- Collaborate with others to establish the CI/CD processes used across the development organization
- Collaborate across development and infrastructure teams to manage resources, security, and operational best practices
- Encourage and help build automated processes by enabling self-service capabilities for developers and QA engineers to remove dependencies
- Managing periodic reporting on the progress to the management and the customer
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure with services like EC2, S3, CloudFront, RDS, ECS, Lambda, SQS, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix administration and scripting
- Experience with source code providers such as GitHub, Gitlab or Bitbucket
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus, GitHub or Gitlab
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as Datadog or ELK
- Detail oriented - The nature of your work is complex and critical. You bring a high level of attention to detail and foster this quality in your team.
- Strong Communicator - Communication is key to your success. You teach and coach developers on how to apply DevOps practices.
- Pragmatic and Organized - You apply resources and organize work to optimally deliver value to the business. You understand when to take a standard approach and when to allow variations across teams.
- Technical Expertise - You leverage deep technical experience and knowledge to make decisions and provide direction
- Security Minded - You play a significant role in the cybersecurity posture for the company. You understand cybersecurity risks and how to best mitigate them in a cost effective and reasonable manner.
- Generous PTO quickly accelerating to 5 weeks accrual per year after three years of employment
- Multiple healthcare options to choose from including PTO and HSA options with matching company contributions to an employee’s HSA account
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401K matching
- On-site gym, company paid lunches, fully stocked snack bins and refrigerators in the office (anyone want a Monster to drink?)
- Generous anniversary gifts for all employees every year on their anniversary date
- A team environment where people want to work from the office, but enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere
- and much more!
Fishbowl participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf for more information.
Fishbowl provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Fishbowl is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.