Fishbowl is an industry leading, top supplier of manufacturing and warehouse management software for small, medium, and enterprise sized businesses across 40+ verticals. While our mission is to deliver amazing software, service, training, and support to our customers to help them grow and scale their business operations, our passion is helping people. Whether you are new to owning and operating a business, or you have been at it for 20+ years, Fishbowl provides simplicity and flow for business owners and makes it easier for them to focus on what they love most, running their business.
To support the mission of Fishbowl, we have recently partnered with Diversis Capital to invest in Fishbowl’s growth and market scale. We are well on our way to developing exciting new cloud-based products that will continue to surprise and delight our existing and future customers. We also have exciting plans to expand our efforts internationally and are focused on building a globally oriented team that will allow us to scale our operations and future market growth potential.
We are seeking a detail-oriented and organized Payroll/Accounts Payable Specialist to join our finance team. In this hybrid in office role, you will play a crucial part in ensuring accurate and timely processing of payroll and accounts payable transactions. Your meticulous attention to detail, knowledge of financial processes, and commitment to maintaining compliance will contribute to the smooth operation of our financial functions. This persion will report to our Accounting Manager, a CPA.
As we work to expand our internal team, Fishbowl is looking for individuals who are highly collaborative, carry diverse skill sets, love problem solving, and understand the value of working on a high-performing, goal-oriented team.
Our HQ offices are based in Orem, UT, where this position will be located.
- Collect and review timesheet data, ensuring accuracy and adherence to company policies.
- Leverage our payroll system to calculate wages, overtime, and deductions, while verifying accuracy.
- Prepare and execute semi-monthly payroll processing and any necessary out of cycle paychecks.
- Collaborate with HR to ensure accurate employee information and resolve payroll-related discrepancies.
- Receive and verify invoices for accuracy, completeness, and proper authorization.
- Code and enter invoices into the accounting system, ensuring proper expense allocation.
- Process payment runs, including checks, ACH transfers, and wire payments.
- Reconcile vendor statements and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Maintain organized records of payable transactions and supporting documentation.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and improve payroll and accounts payable processes.
- Propose and implement process enhancements to enhance accuracy and efficiency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is preferred.
- Proven experience in payroll processing and accounts payable functions.
- Familiarity with payroll regulations, tax laws, and accounts payable processes.
- Proficiency in accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks, Netsuite) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Experience with UKG payroll system preferred.
- Flexible PTO with no accrual needed allowing employees the time they need away from work
- Multiple healthcare options to choose from including PPO and CDHP options with matching company contributions to an employee’s HSA account
- Paid parental leave
- 401K matching
- On-site gym, company paid lunches, fully stocked snack bins and refrigerators in the office (anyone want a Monster to drink?)
- Generous anniversary gifts for all employees on their anniversary date
Fishbowl participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf for more information.
Fishbowl provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Fishbowl is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.