Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will oversee the financial operations of the company and serve as the interface between executive team, the accounting and finance organization and Board of Directors. Beyond the reporting of accurate and timely information, the CFO will be expected to contribute valuable insight, expertise and experience across the entire business, including but not limited to future fund raising, go-to-market expansion, product investment and M&A. This person must demonstrate executive presence and the ability to clearly articulate technical finance and accounting concepts, as well as understand the business drivers, to a sophisticated management team and Board of Directors.
Top priorities for Fishbowl CFO: • Collaborate as a partner on the executive team by providing critical insights and hands-on leadership on key strategic, financial, and corporate development decisions affecting the organization such as revenue expansion and pricing strategy, financing / M&A and risk management. • Oversee all financial accounting, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting to optimize Fishbowl’s growth while grounding the company in fiscally sound strategies and processes that will efficiently scale. • Facilitate clear and effective communication and reporting around finance, pricing, budgeting, and business strategy to employees, external stakeholders, and Fishbowl’s Board of Directors. • Form strong external relationships with key stakeholders, investors, financial service providers, and bankers to contribute directly to Fishbowl’s revenue growth and financial position. • Expand Fishbowl’s international finance strategy, including accounting and financial processes across Fishbowl’s U.S. and international subsidiaries as well as managing collections and compliance across our global customer base. • Support the company's ambitions to grow to $100M in revenue+ and potential IPO / exit.
• Build strong FP&A and corporate finance capability and provide "strategic leverage" to the CEO, leadership team and Board of Directors.
• Engender trust and credibility across the company so that the CFO organization is viewed as a strong business partner while maintaining financial discipline and promoting a culture of accountability.
• Bring sophisticated skills valuable to M&A.
• Objectively review current processes and systems to identify opportunities to streamline and focus current efforts to better meet stakeholders' needs.
• In concert with the CEO and Board manage growth in the context of long-term investment spend, near-term margin goals and the company's quarterly cash flow requirements to meet the company's aggressive growth plans.
• Manage capital structure and ensure an attractive weighted average cost of capital; work with lenders and equity holders to ensure freedom of operations and access to capital.
• Implement value add budgeting and forecasting processes; foster a disciplined yet balanced approach to managing financial goals/targets and investments in the business.
• Implement scalable systems which support efficient quarterly and year end close cycles.
• Operate in leadership role in overall financial planning process and compliance functions, including Sarbanes-Oxley, and other pre-exit/IPO functions. • Pivotal role in all financial planning & analysis, corporate budgeting, regular forecast updates, board presentations and M&A modelling. • Participate in building product pricing models and perform ad-hoc analysis to support the company's commercial and M&A activities. • Exemplify high-quality decision making, good judgment and unquestionably integrity. • Responsible for the direct supervision, training and mentorship of finance and accounting team.
Qualifications & Experience
• At least 10-15 years of progressive leadership roles across the key disciplines of the CFO function; ideally culminating as CFO of a $40M + PE backed revenue company. CFO ready #2's at materially larger companies will also be considered.
• Industry knowledge and experience in SaaS, application analytics or technology enabled business models required. Strong SMB focus highly desired • Experience leading global teams and supporting enterprises with global operations.
• Astute at developing value added financial close systems, budgeting tools and operating dashboards which help management to identify, execute and measure key value drivers. • Proven expertise using metrics / analytics to identify business drivers and make resource allocation decisions. • Proven ability to work cross-functionally with leadership team and manage sophisticated Board of Directors/Financial Sponsors. • Effective leader, capable manager and a track record of building and retaining strong teams through dynamic (high growth, transformational) environments. ● Has gone through multiple migrations from on-premise to SaaS ● Excellent Mergers & Acquisition Experience with proven track record of successful M&A transactions throughout the entire M&A lifecycle, including landscape analysis, pipeline development, strategic due diligence, transaction management and post-merger integration ● Track record balancing the conceptualization of strategic initiatives with tactical execution. ● Additional suggested criteria include proven history in mid-stage PE backed companies and a track record of a successful exit via strategic acquisition or IPO.
• Will be culturally sensitive and a real ‘culture builder’. Has transformed a company culture before. • Natural hands-on leadership skills and a pragmatic business focused approach. • Organized with the ability to implement systems and process to bring structure to a function while retaining the flexibility required to manage effectively in a business undergoing growth and change. • Visionary and entrepreneurial. Must have the ability to challenge the norm and the ability and energy to drive change and improvement in the organization. • Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure – strongly performance orientated and accountable. • Balance of strategic thinking with tactical execution to achieve milestones and grow the business. • Excellent technical knowledge is important, but the ability to understand and influence how technology can be harnessed to drive the business to its best effect is critical. • Good negotiation and presentation skills. Must have the credibility and commercial maturity necessary to lead meetings with senior management and the Board as well as with suppliers and customers. • Excellent interpersonal skills to build the strong relationships that will be critical to success. • Must be able to work and communicate effectively at all levels.
Ideally Utah but open. Will need to spend significant time in Utah if not located there.
Dan Grosh Operating Partner 415-722-2964 email@example.com