Data Scientist - Digital Marketing & Sales
We are seeking a Data Scientist to join our fast-paced growth and marketing operations team to support Diversis investments across the organization. This role leverages deep knowledge of statistics and languages that include Python and SQL as well experience with business intelligence platforms and data warehouses like Tableau or BigQuery to provide insight into our B2C and B2B lead and sales funnel data across the portfolio.
Primary responsibilities will include analysis combining many data sources (Enterprise Data Warehouse, CRMs, Ads Dashboards, Martech Automation suites) to optimize marketing and sales investments, identify ideal customer attributes and behaviors, institutionalize the funnel, and discern business and market trends. Additionally, this role will help document and manage data schema and integrations across platforms, create media mix models, build propensity models, and develop data visualizations and dashboards to unlock business intelligence.
What you get to do in this role:
● Lead data exploration, cleaning, and analysis for new and existing portfolio companies
● Work with growth and marketing operating partners, portfolio teams, key stakeholders, and vendors to identify data points, KPIs and sources of relevant data
● Create visualizations and dashboards to unlock business intelligence and surface data from across data sources for multiple companies
● Experience with media mix modeling (MMM) and analyzing multi-touch attribution
● Build tracking, reports, and propensity models on marketing and sales data from online and offline source to progress marketing and sales efforts
● Design conversion and churn prediction models and lead scoring systems
● Assist multi-variate testing and help identify changes to existing workflows and audience/segment building
● Monitor for, and address potential issues or concerns, ensuring data quality and any variances
● 5+ years in data analyst, data science or business intelligence role
● Expertise in data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling, and deriving insights from sales, marketing and user behavior data
● Experience in SQL, writing sophisticated queries and stored procedures, and operating within platforms such as Snowflake
● Proficiency in Python or R and hands on experience using relevant Python libraries for ETL, retrieving and transforming data such as Pandas, Request, JSON, etc.
● Proficient in various scripting languages and technology to enable automation of data processes
● Experience with building and presenting with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, Domo, etc
● Hands-on experience working with CRM, martech, and analytics packages such as Salesforce, Google Data Studio and integrating third party vendors like Hubspot, Marketo, Tableau, etc.
● Excellent attention to detail and exceedingly organized
● High capacity for problem solving and passion for learning new and rolling out new technologies
Comfort with business analytics and producing data-driven insights and reporting