Business Development Associate (pre-MBA)
Location: Los Angeles, California Employment Type:
About Diversis Capital Diversis Capital is a private equity firm with an investment focus on software and technology companies. Our investment philosophy centers around taking a partnership approach to every investment to help build and scale market leading tech companies. The firm is currently investing out of a $680M institutional fund and has raised over $1 billion in capital. Diversis Capital is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Job Description Diversis is looking for a full-time, pre-MBA Business Development Associate to join the team in our Los Angeles (Century City) headquarters. The Associate will be involved in all aspects of the firm’s business, from evaluating and executing platform and add-on investments to monitoring portfolio companies. This is an early entry point into private equity for recent grads or entry-level professionals who have an active interest in M&A / private equity investing. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and have the opportunity to work on new investment opportunities and work closely with professionals throughout the firm. You will experience training, hands-on learning opportunities, continuous mentoring and feedback, and numerous development opportunities. You will play an important role on a growing team that includes senior professionals who will encourage you to go beyond the numbers and think creatively.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Identify, source, and work on M&A transactions – both new investments and add-ons for portfolio companies
• Conduct research on industry sectors and potential target opportunities
• Outbound calling and outreach to initiate conversations with key corporate decision makers and develop long-term relationships with leads
• Participating in meetings with management teams and M&A intermediaries
• Working with portfolio companies on various initiatives, including M&A opportunities and management of KPIs
• Work collaboratively with the team to ensure deals are moving through the pipeline funnel
Desired Skills and Experience Diversis seeks to hire Associates with strong analytical abilities, creative and sound business judgment, and professional maturity. Ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications:
• Prior experience (1-2 year minimum) in business development, sales, finance, consulting, or equivalent experience.
• Self-directed, highly motivated, and strong work ethic.
• Strong communication, writing, and presentation abilities with interpersonal skills to interact with management teams and senior professionals.
• Ability to multi-task, strong organizational skills, and a team player.
• Genuine desire to be an early contributor to an entrepreneurial and growing team.
• Professional and friendly personality -- must enjoy building positive business relationships.
• Familiar with Microsoft Office applications and using the Internet for research.
• A well-rounded academic background with Bachelor’s degree.