Chief Technology Officer
Black Box Intelligence
Recent Acquisition by Diversis Capital. Diversis approach is to maintain a small portfolio of platform companies to build around, which ensures that all our companies receive the attention they deserve. Collaboration and alignment are the pillars of a strong relationship, so we work tirelessly to ensure management teams are given the right tools to succeed. Our family office origins mean that we cherish our partnerships and encourage an energetic and collaborative investment period. The team is currently investing out of a committed institutional fund and has $1B AUM.
Recent Rollup Acquisitions
Miller Pulse – Quick Service Restaraunt Data Benchmarking
Are They Happy – Social Reputation Management platform
● Lead the continuous development and implementation of our product and technology roadmap for our next generation SaaS platform, championing the adoption of best practices in our SDLC and provisioning of our SaaS service.
● Instill a customer-first design and quality-centric way of working into everything the product development team does; establish best practices and a commitment to continuous improvement, ensuring desired outcomes are achieved on time, on budget, and of the highest quality.
● Drive speed to market and a sense of urgency across the product development organization. Provide solutions to bottlenecks and ensure decisions are made in timely fashion.
● Collaborate, inform and help shape BBi’s product roadmap. Ensure BBi’s technology platform stays progressive, adaptive, scalable, and affordable to its internal and external Customers.
● Closely collaborate with the CEO to establish BBi’s technological vision, support design and implementation of the company’s next generation technological development
● Prioritize product development initiatives and coordinate the evaluation, deployment, and management of existing, near-term, and future technology strategies.
● Align with product management on product design and architectural decisions. Help evaluate the pros and cons of potential solutions and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s product to Customers.
● As a member of the Executive team, establish governance processes over direction and control to ensure technology, culture and execution risks identified, managed, and resources are used responsibly towards the achievement of BBi’s strategic initiatives
● Develop, track, and control the development and implementation of annual operating departmental budgets and related outcomes.
● Act as a key contributor to the company’s strategic plan. Help shape the company’s technology vision, direction, development, and areas of future opportunity.
● Serve as a technical product expert to evangelize the company’s technical vision internally and externally to BBi’s Customers, and other stakeholders.
● Foster teamwork and collaborative work environment between technology and other departments in the company as well across the geographic distribution of the teams.
To be a successful Chief Technology Officer, you will have prior organizational leadership experience, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic analytical person. Ultimately, a top-notch CTO demonstrates excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and a solid foundation in software design.
The ideal candidate possesses an excellent blend of technical skills, product vision and business acumen (budgeting) along with a successful record as a collaborative leader and professionalizing teams. With a strong bias towards action, the candidate must be a strong leader with excellent people skills and collaborative qualities who enjoys the challenge of a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Experiences & Competencies
● 10+ years’ experience directly managing and leading high performing Software Development or Engineering (+Product) teams within a SaaS software company.
● Significant experience in data analytics/science, agile, continuous integration and other methodologies of the SDLC.
● Strong product management, project management and budgeting experience.
● Identified experience in collaborating with smaller distributed teams. Hands-on, in-the-trenches is highly desired.
● Possesses a customer centric and product oriented mindset that channels the voice of the customer into product and technical decision making.
● Demonstrated understanding of Microsoft stack - applications, frameworks, microservice / event driven architectures and relational databases.
● Proven agility and mindset to partner effectively with the other Executive team members on the vision, growth, culture and future of the business.
● A strategic mindset and ability to develop, inspire, and implement a change management agenda.
● Deep leadership, consulting, communication, and conflict management skills to build consensus and collaborate effectively with project sponsors and stakeholders.
● Builder, creative thinker, problem-solver and solution-oriented.
● Deals confidently and excels with unclear or changing situations.
● Dedicated, shows commitment, rigor and meticulous diligence.
● Generates energy, enthusiasm and engagement in others.
● Mature, with a great emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit.
● Fast learner who can quickly assume tasks.
● Analytical skills, with the ability to anticipate issues.
● Excellent judgment and strong organizing skills; and
● Effective communication skills, and flexibility to work with cross-functional teams.
The role is optimally based in Austin or Dallas. However, for the right candidate, can be flexible on location within US.