Senior Product Manager
Location: Boston, MA or Remotely
Join ALM Works if you're passionate about building great software products that help people be successful at their challenging jobs.
At ALM Works, we create software tools to empower project managers around the world. We provide our customers with better visibility and control, so they can work efficiently, deliver predictable results, see problems earlier, make better decisions and communicate with clarity and confidence to their teams, managers and clients.
Our flagship product Structure for Jira is one of the most popular apps on the Atlassian Marketplace. We have the privilege of serving over 4000 clients, many of which are among most well-known companies in the world: NASA, Google, Adobe, Intel, Sony, Disney, Netflix, Toyota, Twitter – to name just a few.
We are a small, bootstrapped company with a proven success record and ambitious plans. We rely strongly on our core values: talk and listen as a friend, passion to excel, own your work, stay positive.
We have offices in Newton, MA and in St. Petersburg, Russia, and we also support fully remote work.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to preserve our market leadership. You will build on the success of our existing products to shape the future of our company. You will be in direct contact with our customers worldwide, both well-known big companies and small startups.
This position requires business and technical skills, working cross-functionally with diverse personalities, and focusing on customer success. The right candidate will be highly motivated to expand their product knowledge, build deeper connections to the market and customers, and grow their product management capabilities.
To be successful in this position, you will need to have strong communication skills, attention to detail, an analytical mindset, strong skills in working with data and metrics, creativity, and the ability to think strategically.
- Identifies market opportunities through market and customer research.
- Works with key customers or prospects to identify unsolved problems that people are willing to pay to solve.
- Communicates customer problems and their solutions.
- Advocates for the product roadmap.
- Drives revenue through creative distribution, pricing, and positioning.
- Conducts business analyses to ensure offerings are financially sound.
- Proposes innovative and new products or solutions that leverage the organization’s distinctive competence.
- Capitalizes on existing opportunities and unlocks new opportunities through Build/Buy/Partner analyses.
- Delivers competitive collateral to the sales and marketing teams.
- Develops pricing strategies. Establishes and enacts pricing models, schedules, guidelines, and procedures.
- Serves as an internal expert on products and their usage.
- Builds strong relationships with UX, Engineering, Marketing, Partners, and Sales.
- Provides ongoing guidance to technical product managers, user experience designers, and engineers in the development of products.
This position does not involve people and project management.
Required Skills and Experience
- An applicable and progressive track record of 7+ years in product management experience with B2B products is highly preferred.
- Experience conducting both customer and market research.
- Evidenced ability to balance the needs of profitability and service quality.
- Experience supporting successful product releases.
- Ability to learn and communicate effectively about both technical and business issues.
- Record of building effective relationships within and outside the company.
- Ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate difficult situations.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Willingness to embrace change at a rapid pace.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- Presentation, verbal, and written communication skills are a must.
- Competitive compensation package.
- A highly collaborative culture based on honesty, respect, and kindness – highly rated on Glassdoor.
- An environment that welcomes initiative, creativity, and constructive feedback.
- Being a part of and leading a team of highly skilled, motivated professionals.
- The ability to work remotely and/or from one of our comfortable offices (post-COVID).
- Flexible work hours.
- Corporate retreats.
- Health insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- A bonus plan.
- 4 weeks paid vacation/PTO days.
- Stock option plan, 401k plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are interested, please send us your CV and a link to your public profile.